Other Worlds Austin debuts on Thursday, and we can’t wait for you to see all we’ve been working toward all these months. A few quick facts to keep in mind for the weekend.
PICK UP YOUR WRISTBAND EARLY:
You can avoid the rush before the Opening Night Film by grabbing your wristband early. Just remember to bring a Photo ID to any pickup location.
- Wednesday - 5:30-9:00 pm, stop by the Galaxy Theatre. We’ll be outside, probably under a canopy. You can always check out a Hollywood blockbuster after you do. They are playing both Interstellar and Mockingly (and Big Hero!)
- Thursday - 5:30 pm, we set up at the Galaxy, two hours before THE WELL … or … at the Pre-Apocalyptic Happy Hour at the Tigress starting at 4:30 pm
DON’T FORGET THE PARTIES:
Wristband holders have two parties included with their wristband, so don’t miss out! And you’ll be able to come to the parties without missing any films.
- The Pre-Apocalyptic Happy Hour sponsored by Austin’s Pizza - Thursday 4:30-7:00 pm @ The Tigress, 100 W North Loop. There will be free pizza (’til we run out), SciFi tunes and an out of this world drink special.
- 2014: A Brunch Odyssey sponsored by Cox Smith Attorneys - Saturday 11:00 am - 12:30 pm @ The Goodnight, 2700 West Anderson Lane. Mimosas, Finger Food, and good conversation!
STUDY UP YOU CHOICES:
We added films when we added a theater so you’ll have to make atleast a few choices.
- The Schedule is up on our website, with times and descriptions, so check it out.
- When you pick up your wristband, you can grab a program, but you can preview the program here. Thanks our sponsor The Label Collective for their awesome design work.
ABOUT THE LABEL COLLECTIVE:
We cannot recommend The Label Collective highly enough. Not only did they design our program, they teamed us up with our poster designer, and helped us find screen-printer. But we can’t offer a better description of their style and services than from their own website:
- "We’re not an agency. We’re not a boutique. Like you, we’re two talented, motivated individuals who believe the best quality of work doesn’t necessarily come from the biggest companies. Instead, we use a virtual studio model to provide traditional and digital creative solutions in-house, while bringing in top-notch local small businesses who specialize in the greater needs of our prospective clients as needed. We offer our services to startups, small businesses, nonprofits, and brands that believe design should be a partnership, not just another service; that even solopreneurs deserve a team of creative overachievers on their side to help turn their casual followers into avid fans."